MultiTap in Portrait mode

Discussion in 'BlackBerry Storm' started by 6157, Jan 14, 2009.

1. 6157 New Member

Message Count:
    Is there anyway to permanently enable MultiTap when typing in portrait mode? I have it enabled in Options but whenever I open my phone book and I want to click through contacts, I try MultiTap but I always get Suretype.

It's just easier and faster for me with MultiTap, so it's something I'd like to use if I can.
  2. Jdubz New Member

Message Count:
    yeah im actually trying to ask the same question too.. i have it enabled as multitap on screen/keyboard option. sometimes it is in multitap but there are times that i have to re-enable multitap again.

Alot of people tend to like suretype but it just gives me mad confusion.. I guess it's just something I have to get used to and get better to.
  3. 6157 New Member

Message Count:
    Thats exactly my problem. I have it selected as MultiTap in options but I still get SureType in portrait mode.
  4. rudeboy Guest

Message Count:
    could it be the OS you guys are using ? i have .85 and just tried various things and it's multi-tap every time..
  5. 6157 New Member

Message Count:

i'm on .75. I've been hesitant to update because I'm new to BBs and I don't want to have any issues with my Storm, as it's been working perfectly except for this issue.
  6. Jdubz New Member

Message Count:
    same exact problem for me haha.. im new to the storm as well.. kinda scared to update my OS because of the whole "install at your own risk" thing.. and + idk how to do it period or where to get the OS. I kinda don't wanna just google it because it might give me the wrong file.
  7. stevetaz Moderator

Message Count:
    All:

It would appear that the fix was put into the OS upgrades starting with .83....rb was correct.
  8. rudeboy Guest

Message Count:
    and there are several good threads (mostly written by steve) with how to upgrade OS... it's up to you if this "issue" is worth upgrading for.
  9. Mike New Member

Message Count:
    does it still show the multitap keys but say you wanted to type the letter 'c' when you hit the number '2' 3 times it spells out cab?

for me it does that, it still shows the multitap keys but it seems to be using suretype
  10. stevetaz Moderator

Message Count:
    Welcome to EB Mike. I can't help with the Storm question, but I am sure one of our fine Storm gurus will be along shortly...
  11. 6157 New Member

Message Count:

Yes, this is what happens.
  12. Jdubz New Member

Message Count:
    To be honest, Ive been using suretype ever since I downgraded back to .75.. it's really not that bad, except it's kinda confusing when ure trying to curse or say something slang..

Only thing that sucks for using suretype is that I can't make my msgs short anymore :[ every word I type has to be the full word lol..
  13. Mike New Member

Message Count:
    I'll be patiently waiting for an official release and hope that it fixes our problem
  14. 6157 New Member

Message Count:

This will have to be my option too unless I begin hearing the unofficial .86 upgrades are working well enough to warrant a chance.

Does anyone have any idea when the next official upgrade will come?
  15. FireCracker37 New Member

Message Count:
    You can add the curse/slang words to your custom dictionary. I did that b/c I have a big mouth and tend to need all the shorting possible to squeeze my message down to 160 chars.