This will be my first post and it will be about the unboxing of my new BlackBerry PlayBook. I have never used a tablet so this is new territory for me.
Not many accessories. Just a wall charger and a USB cord….Oh, and a neoprene sleeve that you can see in the photo above on the right…..
Took a bit more than a minute, but hey, we get balloons to watch…..
WiFi setup was absolutely effortless (sorry about the reflections. I will catch on for the next pics)……
And a software update was next. About 280MB and was done in a flash….
- Very sturdy-feeling build. Has a quality feel
- Screen is absolutely beautiful. Crisp, clear with vibrant colors
- WiFi is incredibly fast
- Downloaded and installed the Bridge to my Tour. Easy
- Set up the BB Bridge to connect to my Tour (on BES). Easy, but browsing with the Bridge Browser is, as you might expect, s l o w
- Upgraded BB Desktop. Easy
- Logging on the BB App World a breeze
- Almost no apps available the first day, but there seem to be new ones going up in App World daily.
- BBM was recently added and is easy to use while Bridged
- Typing with the on-screen keyboard is actually easier than I expected
I purchased the PlayBook as a toy to play with. I had no intentions of pretending it is to make myself more efficient at work, but I did keep saying “why did I buy this?”. I had a two week period to return it with no questions and I am happy to say I let that expire. I find myself sitting in front of the TV with the PB, but I am finding I become so distracted I am not watching the television shows.
There is much to learn about this little device and while I may not be using it to its fullest potential I believe it has met my expectations…..It is a great toy. I fully expect to become more proficient and I also expect I will start using it at work.
I plan to post updates as time allows to let you know how the experience is progressing. I also have begun to put together a PlayBook Tips and Tricks guide which I hope to post in the PB Forum in a few days….